1. Fees for tuition are charged per hour, payable weekly directly to your tutor. You should pay your tutor directly, in cash or by cheque (a small surcharge may be applied to cheque payments) or by bank transfer (proof of the transfer must be provided at the start of the lesson).
2. A deposit of one lesson's tuition fees is required to secure your booking. The deposit will be used to pay for the last lesson agreed before the termination date.
3. Scheduled tutorials will always take place on the day and time and venue specified in the letter that accompanies these terms and conditions, unless a tutorial is rearranged for a time that is mutually convenient to both tutor and student. Lessons will continue until a mutually agreed termination date.
4. The tutor must be informed of the will of the student/client to terminate the engagement at least 48 hours before the last lesson.
5. The student/client has a 14-day cooling-off period when tuition sessions are booked by telephone or online, during which the student/client can cancel a teaching appointment without incurring a charge. However, if the student/client expressly requests and books the tuition to be provided within the 14-day period there is no statutory right to cancel.
6. Lessons cancelled with less than 48 hours' notice will be billed to the client at a rate of no more than 1 hour of instruction.
7. Although we work within the school curriculum, we do not do homework or assignment questions that are meant to be the student's own work.
8. We strive to provide the best possible service. However, we will not be held accountable or responsible for the academic success or lack thereof demonstrated by the student/client. Although we will do everything in our power to help grades and skill sets improve, we can offer no guarantee thereto.
9. We are not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of our tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of our materials. You the client specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
10. All materials we create in-house are copyright. You agree that you will not publish or distribute any portion of any materials without prior written permission from us.
11. Both the client and the tutor agree that they will not disclose any confidential information concerning the tutor or the student to any person for the duration of this agreement and for a period of five years after termination of the agreement, save as required by law, court order or any governmental or regulatory authority.
12. A copy of your tutor's DBS certificate is available to see and is available on the Update Service.